Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dresses for Reese

I am just starting to learn how to sew clothing for Reese. I want to share two new dresses that I have completed recently. Right now I'm working on my first bishop dress with smocked detail. I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

First, I made the Sweet Dress out of Lindsay Wilkes' new book Sew Classic Clothes for Girls. Her book has a lot of cute patterns that I can't wait to try out. I made this one in size 12 months, so Reese is not quite big enough to wear it yet. 


 
 

Next, I made a pillowcase dress out of a gorgeous vintage sheet I found at Goodwill. The entire dress cost me $3, which was mostly the eyelet trim. I got the ribbon that goes around the neckline off of a tablecloth package I purchased at Target, the vintage sheet cost $1, and I already had the material for the lining. It is also size 12 months. 


We are planning on going to the beach this summer and I thought this would be the perfect dress to take. 





I decided to line it since the sheet was so old and thin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment