Friday, May 17, 2013

Nursery Projects: Owl Lamp

My great grandmother, Grammy Arnold, was one of my very favorite people in the whole world. She lived to be in her nineties, but up until the last couple of years, she still lived by herself, gardened, fished, and lived a very active life. She loved to collect ceramic owls, so every time I see one it reminds me of her. I saw this lamp on Target's website and knew that it would be perfect for Reese's nursery, minus the black shade.

Before

After
I knew that the black shade was not going to work with the other nursery decor, but I remembered seeing on pinterest that you could recover a lampshade with fabric. I used this tutorial. Since the lampshade was black and the fabric I selected (Michael Miller, I think) was mostly light colors, I cut an extra piece of left over curtain lining fabric to place in between so that the black wouldn't show through. To finish it off and make it extra girly, I hot glued a strand of extra large white pom pom trim to the base.


Much better

No comments:

Post a Comment