Saturday, May 25, 2013

Burp Cloths

So, I've gone a little overboard in making burp cloths. I just can't seem to get enough of them. It is challenging to find cute burp cloths in the stores, and why buy something that is just "ok" if you can choose your own fabric and make it really awesome? 

I made some just like this for Will with terry cloth as the backing and they were my go-to burp cloths when he was little. They are nice and big (8 x 16 in.) and they soak up a lot of spit-up and milk. I just bought whatever was the cheapest towel at Target and cut it up. I did spend about $6 at Hobby Lobby buying some girly fabric but the rest are fabric scraps that I had left over from other projects. 


Fabric from Hobby Lobby

Fabric from stash

Fabric left over from owl lamp and bird art


This fabric is a little out of place with the brighter fabrics I chose. The fabric came from my mom's old stash of fabric and I really like how feminine it is AND it's free! 


Yellow Polka Dot (Hobby Lobby), Blue Chevron (stash), Flowers & Butterflies (Hobby Lobby), Green Chevron (stash)
I received some plain cloth diapers from my baby shower so I had to jazz them up a little.


I know I've already made too many because I got some really pretty ones at my shower and the burp cloth drawer is getting full, but just a few more wouldn't hurt, right? Maybe some with a monogram? 

No comments:

Post a Comment