Thursday, April 11, 2013

Will's Bedroom

We live in a 3 bedroom house, so Matthew and I decided that it would be best if Will took over the guest bedroom and then baby Reese could have the nursery and not disturb Will in the middle of the night. We haven't done a thing to the guest room since we moved in, so we started by painting all of the walls white.

I love Pottery Barn's navy furniture that they have for kids, so that inspired me to paint a daybed that we already had and an old dresser. I also added new drawer pulls to the dresser to make it look a little more modern. I wish I had taken a before picture.

I will do a better post when Will's "big boy room" is complete, but here is a sneak peek of the bedding.


My biggest splurge in the room is the madras quilt from Pottery Barn Kids. Other than that, I have tried to make or repurpose everything else.


My mom and I sewed the three standard navy blue shams with green chevron detail. I made the navy dust ruffle to match. The dinosaur sheets are from Target, and I made the "Dream" pillow with inspiration from PB Kids of course.


You might remember the "Will" sign from his nursery. It was originally painted grey to match his nursery decor, but my sister, Kristen, painted it navy to go with his new room. I sketched the dinosaurs on two canvas that I got from Hobby Lobby and then my father-in-law painted them for me. We have gotten a ton of help with this room.


The trash can is going to be Will's laundry basket. I still need to sew a liner for it. I got the inspiration from Pinterest (which is where I get almost all of my ideas). See the following picture from Pinterest:




I bought this bookshelf and the 3 baskets from Ikea. I am the process of sewing a seat cover for it. Then above the bookshelf, hopefully this weekend, I am going to finish building the book ledges that will hold all of Will's books. I plan on building 3 ledges that go wall-to-wall. There is a closet just to the left of this bookcase. The pictures below are my inspiration:





By the way, the striped ceiling in the above picture looks just like the ceiling in my new nursery. I can't wait to show you pictures when it is completed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment