Saturday, April 13, 2013

Barefoot Sandals

I love pinterest and have been pinning little girl ideas for at least a year just in a case I ever had a girl. Now I have way more ideas than I will ever be able to accomplish, but one of my favorites is the barefoot sandal. I've never seen such a thing until just recently, but since I am due in July, I thought a barefoot sandal would be perfect for my sweet baby in this super hot Texas climate.

The first one I made was crocheted from this tutorial. I made these shoes especially to go with a cute outfit I purchased at Target immediately after finding out I was having a girl. I had to make a
matching hair clip too, right?



Next, I tried this tutorial for a barefoot sandal made out of an old t-shirt. My husband, who is constantly going to Goodwill to look for a bargain, was nice enough to pick me up a bright, super soft yellow t-shirt for just $3.



These shoes take longer than you would think. There is a lot of cutting out small pieces and hand sewing involved. I wish I could have them in every color, but there is only so much time and so many different projects to complete.

I think they will look cute with this:


I would love to use the left over yellow t-shirt pieces to make a matching hair clip like this one:







No comments:

Post a Comment