Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New Christmas Decor

You know how it is. You change the decorations in one room of your house and it starts a domino effect where every other room seems outdated or out of sync. I just changed the curtains in my living room and now I don't feel like my house will be complete without a new curtain and light fixture for the kitchen. Now that Christmas is upon us, I think that all of my old holiday decor will clash with my new living room decor. All of this is such silliness, but I'm really excited to create some new Christmas decorations this year. For the past seven or eight years I have decorated with jewel tones and golds, but now I'm going to switch over to silvers and blues.

If you have a Pinterest account, I'm sure you have seen these pictures, but I am really inspired by these links.


I think I'm going to use my old ornaments and decoupage old book pages over them so that I don't have to buy an entire tree's worth of ornaments. 


I love the burlap banner. 



These snowflakes are from West Elm, but I think I can recreate them with a little felt and some scissors.


Pipe cleaner tree topper


Glittered reindeer

No comments:

Post a Comment