Monday, September 3, 2012

Cabin

A couple of weeks ago we got to escape for a few days down to our family cabin near Kerrville, TX. We got some much needed rest after a busy and fun-filled summer. For three days, we napped, watched documentaries, swam in the Medina River, cooked out and pretty much just took it easy. It was nice to disconnect from the world for a few days. 


The cabin is a very simple place. To many, it is just a little shack, but to me it holds many, many memories. I grew up coming to this cabin when my great grandparents were still alive. I have spent Christmas and Easter here and many other summer days. 


I have many memories of my great grandfather relaxing in this chair.

Taking it easy


It hasn't rained much in the past few years, so the river was the lowest I have ever seen it. There was just enough water running to sit in it. When I was a child, the place where we were sitting was several feet deep.


Throwing rocks




Since the river isn't running very much, the weeds have started to take over our favorite swimming hole. 



We fed the deer which came right up to the cabin to eat. 


All in all, it was a great trip and I can't wait to get back down there with my family to enjoy it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment