Saturday, June 9, 2012

Anniversary Trip


This last Sunday, Matthew and I celebrated seven years of marriage. We trade off each year on who gets to plan our anniversary and this year it was Matthew's turn. He booked a hotel in Granbury which was right next to a sandy beach and overlooked Granbury lake. As soon as we got to the hotel, we changed into our swimsuits and took off for the beach. 

At first, Will hated it. He would scream anytime we tried to put him in the water, but Matthew convinced him to go out to waste deep water. Once we were out a little deeper, we started to toss him back and forth between us and he thought that was the greatest. After that, he loved the lake.




Waving to everyone


It was a little windy, so there were quite a few waves washing up on the beach. He would get so excited and clench his little fists when the waves would wash over us. 

Cute sandy bum

Matthew didn't think we should put him in the sand because he might get dirty. :) Now we know why he never wants to get his hands sticky or dirty. 

I love this picture of Matthew and Will

The beach was pretty crowded since it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. 


I kept singing that country song in my mind, "I've got my toes in the water, toes in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold drink in my hand. Life was good today. Life was good today."

After we swam, we got cleaned up and went to eat at Pastafina; which was delicious. We brought some cheesecake back to the hotel that we ate after Will was asleep and while we were watching We Bought a Zoo. 

Monday morning, we were pretty lazy and finally got ready and out the door by lunchtime. We shopped around the square in Granbury, had lunch and then headed back to Fort Worth. I thought Matthew did a great job planning our getaway. I told him I would marry him again today, because I love him and I want more cute babies like this one. 


On our honeymoon, 7 years ago


No comments:

Post a Comment