Saturday, March 3, 2012

Will at 10 Months


Dear Will,

You are ten months old. I can't believe that in just two short months you will be one. You are a joy in our lives and you make countless people smile each day. I was waiting in a very long line at a used clothes shopping event a few days ago and the woman in front of me, after standing in line for one hour, exclaimed "I just cannot believe how good your little boy is! I have three children and they would never have been this good." That is just one of many comments I hear weekly. You are such a laid back child. You love people and you were just content to sit in the stroller and people watch for a whole hour. 


You love this giraffe and it is one of your favorite toys. Someone gave me this giraffe as a gift at one of my baby showers and I was very thankful, but I didn't see what was so special about it. I had heard that many babies loved this toy, but I just didn't get it. I'm so glad she gave me one because you think it is the best! It is easy to hold, makes a squeaky noise when you squeeze it, and it great for sore gums. 



On your ten month birthday, your first tooth made its appearance! Most babies have four teeth by now, but not you. I thought they would never come in, but they are finally here. The day after your birthday the second tooth showed up, so your bottom two teeth are growing in. 



You have started making other sounds and are trying to say new words. You still say "Da da" a lot, but now you are trying to say "dog", "bye-bye", and sometimes even "woof". We are still working on "Momma". 


Daddy loves to tickle you and so does G-Daddy. You think they are so funny! I don't let them tickle too long because I hate to be tickled. I don't know why God made us laugh when we get tickled even if we don't want to because that makes people think you are enjoying it when maybe you're not. :)


You are still not crawling, and I am pretty happy about it. It makes my life so much easier. Pretty much every other baby your age in the nursery can crawl with ease, but everything I've read says that some babies will never crawl and it doesn't matter if they do or not. When I hold your hands and help you stand you can take a few steps, so I think you will just bypass crawling and go straight to walking. You want to move so bad, but you are just not there yet. 



I think you love to sing. Sometimes I will be singing really loud in the car and I can hear you in the backseat talking really loud, but more in a sing-song voice. It is so cute to hear! 



You love for Daddy to throw you in the air and you also still like to do flips. You are not scared of anything! 


We are still working on the spitting food issue, but you have let up on the screaming. Overall, you are a wonderful and easy baby. I am extremely proud of you and still think you are the cutest baby I have ever seen (some of the youth group kids say the same and think you should be the next Gerber baby). Nobody compares to you and it melts my heart when I get your big slobbery kisses. We love you so much!  

No comments:

Post a Comment