Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolution

To keep me accountable, I am publishing my new year resolutions. If you think about it, please feel free to ask me how I'm doing. Each year I have grand plans of how I am going to transform myself into the person I want to be, but I always fall short. I know for a fact that if anyone is going to change stubborn me, it is the LORD himself, so I will keep persevering knowing that I don't do this alone. 

1. Exercise More - I know, I know. This is everyone's resolution, but I really need to. I have no motivation to exercise right now, so please encourage me! I want to do some cardio at least 3 times a week, and some weights twice a week. 

2. Improved Bedtime Routine - By the time I get a chance to go to bed, I am exhausted and just want to get in bed wearing the clothes I have on, much less wash my face and brush my teeth, etc. I would like to do a better job of taking care of my face, actually brush AND floss my teeth every night, put lotion on my dry winter skin, and put some chapstick on my lips before I go to sleep. 

3. Most importantly here is my scripture that I want to commit to memory this year and carry out: 

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life." Philippians 2:14-16.


I really, really want to do a better job of not complaining and being a positive influence on those around me. It is going to be very challenging, but something I feel that God wants me to do. 

Happy New Year and I hope you accomplish the resolutions you set out for yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment