Saturday, December 3, 2011

Will at Seven Months

Dear Will,

You are seven months old today. You have learned several impressive skills this month! First, you started eating solid foods right around six months. To date you have had rice cereal, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, several licks of a pickle and several squirts of grape juice. You love all of it! You are always very cautious when you try something new, but you have given us no problems with feeding. I attempted to make homemade baby food with carrots and sweet potatoes. The carrots turned out pretty good, but not so much with the sweet potatoes. It was a big hassle and I'm not sure I want to try it again anytime soon. 


Second, you are sitting up now all by yourself! You still tumble over every once in a while, but you are getting stronger. Actually, right before this picture, I sat you down and went to get the camera and you fell over and bonked your head on the wood floors. Ouch! I'm sorry I wasn't watching you more closely. Your dad and I are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. We tell everyone we know when you do something new. 


We thought you would love the Christmas tree and the lights on the house outside, and you do, but you are not as impressed as we thought. 


Third, you started saying "Da, da, da, da......" Your father went crazy! He caught you saying it on video and showed everyone at church who would stop and watch. I've been practicing "Ma, ma, ma, ma...." with you, but you haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully soon! I'm happy for your daddy, but it kind of broke my heart a little bit. :) 


All of my baby books say you should start being afraid of strangers at this point, but you haven't shown any signs of that at all. You are still as friendly as ever. I love that about you! 


Fourth, a couple of nights ago you started waving. I would wave one hand at you from across the room and you would wave one hand back. Then, I waved both of my hands at you and you waved both hands back. You are such a smart baby! 


Will, we love you so much and can't wait to give you your gifts on Christmas day. You are very special to us and we wouldn't trade you for the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment