Friday, September 16, 2011

My First Tag

I am officially a knitting nerd. I tagged my first object and I am so proud of it! I first learned about tagging from my friend Robyn. There is a group of knitters called Knitta Please that go around their cities tagging objects such as stop signs, street signs, door handles, trees, buses, etc. They do it just for fun and to add a little zaniness to the everyday. I decided to tag a stop sign that is near my home and the home of my friend Robyn as a surprise for her. I'm not sure that she has seen it yet, but I hope when she discovers it, it will bring her joy. 

Here is what I knitted using leftover yarn from other projects. 

The stop sign pre-tag.

The stop sign post-tag.

It was so funny watching the people drive by and stare at me while I sewed this sleeve to the stop sign. I put this up around 9:00 pm on Sunday night and around 6-7 cars drove by in the 5 minutes we were there. That gives you an idea of how busy this area is. This is the stop sign at the corner of Westcreek and I-20 if you want to check it out. :) 



I had to go back and check it out the day after to make sure it was still there and to take a better photo of it. How long do you think it will stay up? My best guess is 30 days. I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment