Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bassinet Finalized

A few years ago I decided that it would be a good idea to use my wedding dress to cover the bassinet where I would lay my first child. I'm not sure where I originally got this idea, but I guarantee that it was not original. (This is my dad and me on my wedding day on June 3, 2005.)


A few weekends ago, my mom and I cut off the bottom of my wedding gown and used the skirt to create a dramatic skirt on a used bassinet that I purchased on Craigslist for $30. It was a little emotional making the first cut on my wedding dress, but I would much rather put it to good use than let it sit in a box for the rest of my life. 


It took me a while to finish sewing the sash and the little birdies for the mobile, which I made out of left over fabric from the silk curtains in the nursery. Here is the finished product:







A few days ago, I discovered this bassinet at Layla Grace selling for $1,220. 


I think Matthew got a good deal since mine only cost us about $50. :) I can't wait to see Will sleeping soundly in his bassinet right by my side.

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually speechless! This is incredibly stunning! Oh my goodness!!! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete