Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bathroom Remodel

Two Sundays ago, Matthew, his best friend Will, and I spent the afternoon demolishing our master bathroom. We live in a 1950's home, so our bathroom is tiny. I can live with tiny, but I can not live with ugly. Unfortunately I do not have any before photos, but imagine a bathroom that had not been remodeled since the 80's or early 90's. We had a linoleum floor, brass hardware and a very cheap vanity. We also had a light fixture that looked like it was original. We had a mold problem on the ceiling of the shower due to a lack of circulation, so we installed a ventilation fan (when I say "we", I mean Christian, the guy who remodeled our bathroom. My husband and I are not do-it-yourselfers, but we did paint!). We also purchased all new fixtures and had a faux slate tile installed. I am thrilled with the final result! It is my favorite remodel yet.

Before:


We don't really have a red bathroom. Our camera was set on some funky setting. 



After:






I was going for a "spa" feel, and I think I achieved it. I painted the walls Slate Gray and used white towels and a white shower curtain to accent. I still need to make a window treatment, but it is mostly finished.

It is such a wonderful feeling to have a nice, new, and clean bathroom to get ready in every morning. We did all of this in one week!


1 comment: